View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #14
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Updated the source today. It has several large changes to the way things were being done, along with custom ToString functions on some of the class files.

Also have the first pre-compiled for compiler challenged that are interested in seeing my progress so far. The pre-compile can be found here: EQIA Pre-compiled

I removed the visual preview's content from the source and pre-compile before uploading them due to being heavily bugged at the moment. This only works so far on UIs that have an EQUI.xml file, that is what you load when you click load. Load time is probably a bit slow right now, because it's parsing every last file on the list for the time being (this allows me to test stuff easier). Not all interface elements get parsed yet, but 1/3 of them do. None of them are editable yet (you can edit the text it puts out, but nothing is saved).

After loading an EQUI.xml it populates the Screen List tab, after highlighting a screen on that tab, it populates the screen pieces tab. Highlighting a screen from screen list shows it's xml and ToString output in their respective tabs, same with pieces.

Let me know roughly how long it takes to load a UI, i have 9 different methods in my sandbox version of this to do that, all of which seem to load faster/slower depending on computer, the one in the source and precompile are the fastest on my main computer.

Weskat, your second idea is the one i been leaning toward the most, it makes the most sense to me and seems to have least impact on load/zone times.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote