View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 05:58 AM   #1
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Multi-colored gauges?

Ok...I've seen a few mods that have multicolor gauges for player health or group health, but I'm a little confused on how they work. I have downloaded one and looked at the code to figure out the following. (Please let me know if this is right or I'm way off base!)

I know how EQ deals with the Alpha channel of the graphics. What I am assuming is that you make (lets say 3) health bars in one of the graphics files. Each of these health bars are the same width and height. Now...what I think is done is for health bar #1, only the first 1/3 of the bar is added to the Alpha channel. #2 had the middle 1/3 added to the Alpha channel and #3 had the last 1/3 added to the channel. (This is a guess on my part - I'm at work and can't try any of this)

Now... in the code will be 3 gauges (per person) all in the exact same place on the window (same location and size). Each of these guages will have the same EQ type, but when you are declaring what animations to use to draw them, you use the 3 different gauges that you have drawn. Also, each gauge uses a different fill color.

Is this anywhere close to right? If not, could someone possible explain this to me? Thanks in advance.

forry is offline   Reply With Quote