View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 07:43 PM   #3
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Another way to pull this off in one tga file and one call to a gauge. But to do this you would have to understand the way that colors interact with each other. The way that the gauges work is that you define a background (if you want one) and you define a fill background (genereally gray). Now if you wanted to you could make the Fill background multi colored so that as the color pattern you define as the tint with in the xml would be different colors depending on which part of the fill background was being used at the time. Example:

R=red, Y=Yellow, G=Green

RRRRYYYYGGGG

Not to make this bar come out this way you would have to make the Fill background the colors that when mixed with what ever tint you are using comes out to be these colors. I am not all that great with colors but I sure could do the old trial and error method to get the colors I wanted. I know that in practise this would work because I have used colored Fill backgrounds and seen the effect they have on the gauge in game. If anyone is confused about what I am saying here then just let me know and I will see if I can explain it a little better with some graphics and show you what I am talking about.

But this way you only have to use one gauge call to get your multi colored gauge.