View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Today I was working on the element sorter, and I'm starting to get there. Below are two screen, one before and after. Note: I copy and pasted the output to visual studio so that I could shrink all the elements to see if it was getting all of them. You can see by the line counts that I havn't yet fully implemented the default value filter.

The serializer (part that turns data into files) starts with the root screen element, in this case PlayerWindow (which it finds on it's own programatically). Then it works inward. After it builds the list in the order it found screen elements calling them, it re-arranges any elements that are called before another, like TextureInfo before Ui2DAnimations by looking for where it's referenced. If any elements exist in the file that are not referenced by a screen, page, or layoutbox (all 3 flavors of them), then it adds them to the top of the list and sorts them in the same manner as with screen elements.

Before parsed by EQIA (this is the default EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml)

After it was parsed and rebuilt by EQIA (same file as above), and a shot of the pieces list in EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml to show why it's arranged differently than default's.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote