View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 06:29 AM   #4
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel
Post Re: Ameril's Diablo II mod

There is a three-hour patch, this morning (Thursday, September 23rd, 2004; it has already started, by this time). Servers will be back up within 2 hours and 45 minutes of my finishing this post.

Aside from the fact that Warriors are getting an AA refund (because it isn't working as SOE intended it to), it doesn't seem like there's any details floating about regarding the other changes involved in this patch, so...I cannot guarantee they won't change UI stuff, although I'm crossing my fingers that the very small change I made to the AA window won't be affected. *IF*, by some chance, the UI in my folder breaks, I will be at it fervently, since I'm logging in as soon as the servers are back up. I am, at this moment, assuming they aren't making any actual changes to the EQUI_AAWindow.xml file, since the Alternate Advancement Window's ability descriptions don't go into an extreme amount of depth for effects, but in the case that they do, here is how to quickly fix any errors the modded file might cause (make sure this is done AFTER THE PATCH *and* AFTER YOU HAVE RUN THE PATCHER AND DOWNLOADED *ALL* THE UPDATED FILES, otherwise this fix WILL NOT work if they updated the AA Window's XML file):
1) Delete the EQUI_AAWindow.xml file out of the custom folder.
2) Open Notepad.
3) Load the EQUI_AAWindow.xml file from the default folder.
4) Use the Find command (Ctrl+F...isn't that wonderful? Just like in EverQuest. Heh) and do a search for the following: FillTint
5a) Directly below that line, you should see the following:
<R>240</R>
<G>240</G>
<B>0</B>
</FillTint>
<LinesFillTint>
<R>0</R>
<G>220</G>
<B>220</B>
b) Change that to:
<R>220</R>
<G>150</G>
<B>0</B>
</FillTint>
<LinesFillTint>
<R>0</R>
<G>80</G>
<B>220</B>
6) Select the Save As... function under the File menu.
7) Save it with the same name into your custom folder.
8) All done...wasn't that easy?

Hopefully, nothing will break, so there shouldn't be a problem...but if the UI does break (because SOE decides to shadow edit everything...I can see that, with my luck, heh), then please be aware that I know, and I am working on it to fix it as soon as possible.

EDIT: Logged in, and established that the UI is still *completely* stable. Just wanted to add that so everyone was aware. Enjoy.

Ameril Dan`nodel
Warder, 57th season
[ Lanys T`Vyl server ]

Bitch at Amiez!! -- in the words of Spleen.
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote