Old 08-27-2003, 11:44 PM   #14
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Zilth
Ok, can you just hurmor me?

I deleted my soes folder.

I installed a new copy of soes from my zip file.

I renamed my old UI_Zilth_50.ini in my main eq folder.

I renamed UI_YourChar_YourServer.ini to UI_Zilth_50.ini in the soes folder

I copy and pasted the new UI_Zilth_50.ini from the soes folder to the main eq folder.

I use the 1280x1024 display mode.

None of the windows lined up. I had to readjust all of them.

The bard song window is in the lower right hand of the screen and I can not move it. It also just shows the name of the song. No song icon shows up.

The Pet / stats / clicks window is in the middle left hand side of the screen and I can not move it.

So how about you do a clean test of your UI. Install it fresh with none of your previous adjustments and see how it turns out? Or how about changing the bard song window and the pet / sta / click window to just be moveable.

I do not mind having to adjust all the windows. I would just like to be able to move them all. I would also like the icons for the bard song window to show up.

Zilth ShadowStalker
65 Necromancer
Officer of Awakened guild on Tarew Marr

Goto the folder, click on Folder: Options: View. Is "Hide File Extensions for Known types" checked? If it is, uncheck it and see if you renamed the file to UI_Zilth_50.ini.ini by mistake. Also make sure when you copy the renamed ini file from the Soes directory that it's not marked "read-only" (right click: Properties). Those are the only possible things I can think of.

Can you tell me the full paths of the files you are renaming and copying? (ie. C:\program files\sony\everquest trilogy), just to be sure.

Despite what you may think... I do test my UI's, on 3 different PC's with different hardware. In fact thousands of people are using SoesUI without any problems, so that leads me to believe that there must be something wrong on your end. Sorry