View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 05:08 PM   #14
Xlotta
A Bat

Let this be a lesson.

Never EVER buy IBM clone products and peripherals from a discount store, such as frye's or best buy, as they do have special deals with the Mfr to offer their warranty instead of the factory warranty.

The deal being that they buy the refurbished units from the factory and market them as new.

The reason you had only one year of warranty? simple... the factory only provides ONE year of warranty coverage for refurbished units. Some corporate genius figured out they could sell a refurb as new if they offered a warranty and save money per unit, and make money on top of that... it dies in a year? well, not likely, but we have 1200 of them anyhow so if they don't purchase our 'extended warranty' then it's not getting replaced.

Don't blame MAG for the situation, but rather never walk into a store that sells anything but computers to buy your components, especially a large chain of 'discount' stores that buys these units by the hundreds and turns around and offers you their warranty rather than the Mfr's warranty. this should tell you right away that you are buying a refurbished unit packaged as new, as EVERY PC peripheral and component Mfr gives 3 YEARS on EVERY unit they sell. Examine the packaging at these stores and compare to a new unit, notice the staples and shipping labels, and the location the product came from, half the time they don't even remove the RMA slip from the box. I tell you no lie.

I hate to see Mag/Innovision being given a bad name, as I know this company well, having dealt with them for over 10 years now, and I can tell you they produce a quality, industry-leading product, and they back it up with great warranty coverage and service.
You got taken in by the price you saw, and made a purchase lacking information. It's not their fault you didn't get a new product and therefore didn't have a full warranty, next time make a more informed purchase, and consider these things I have told you about these 'discount stores' before you slander a good company's name.

Would you buy a pair of levi's at Ross' 'dress for less' then turn around and call levi & strauss conmen when they rip?

Exactly...

I have placed over 250 Mag/Inno monitors on workstations in businesses and I can tell you for sure they are quality product, please, buy from reputable sources that deal only in PCs, not in bulk general merchandise, the majority of that being impulse items and compact discs.

[/I]A cathode ray tube (CRT) WILL ABSOLUTELY FOR CERTAIN deliver from 12000-16000 VOLTS at HIGH AMPERAGE if you touch the electrode, resulting in DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY, this can happen years after unplugging the unit, it's a result of the charged particles in the cathode tube discharging through the nearest ground, and has NOTHING to do with the plethora of small 12 volt caps in the set.[/I]
Xlotta is offline   Reply With Quote