View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 05:12 AM   #4
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Bummey, how could it get annoying? I'm not understanding.
I think it would be great... the ability to load up a playlist based on in game events would be the ultimate.

You could use some good 'fantasy' music, classical, etc. Heck, you could even crank up a set of your favorite aggressive tunes for when you are attacking! Metallica, Disturbed, etc etc...

I'm not talking about loading up one specific song, that would be better for a while, but then you'd get bored of it. I'm proposing that it loads a playlist of a distinct mood of music to set a tone. Best of all, the playlist could be changed/edited at whim, so it never gets repetitious.

---

I've been doing some more fiddling, and using a crossfader directsound output in Winamp I was able to get much smoother transitions. The only functionality I am missing is the ability to load playlists on the fly - and have begun discussion about it with the author of EQWatcher. The program should, I believe, have enough flexibility and robustness to handle fairly complex sets of triggers to handle 'mood' alterations due to in game actions.

In the least, it will be interesting to see what comes of it. Incidentally I was informed that VI is doing some minor revamping of the music/sound system on the test server in the near future. Nothing close to what I'm attempting, but it will be nice to see what they are up to.
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote