View Single Post
Old 09-07-2002, 03:16 PM   #11
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Default Alas my friend

No your not the only one... hell in the load up screen just when I thought my sound was repaired near the end it starts to pop and crackle like an old vinyl record and a bad needle (gah showing my age here!)

I personally dont think that the revamping is going to be a new format, but merely and updated midi.. there have been some improvements in the midi format lately to give a more realistic sound to it, but yet it still sounds like the one we've all grown old with. True that Verant has finally seen the music (so to speak) and realized that it needs tuning... but if they plan on using the same format, all its going to be is a New Shine finish (as per the commerical). The old car may look brand new, but its still an old car. It would be nice if they could go to MP3, but I can just imagine the patch on that... my god and you thought the last mega patch took a while... gads just one mp3 song with the updated mp3 format would be murder! You'd see hell run rampant on that day... its going to be interesting to see what Verant is going to come out with... Come on Verant! You work with Sony (a music industry top) lets see something good!!

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote