View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The image scaling isn't actually scaling at all. It's the difference between your desktop resolution and the in game resolution. Resolution is in the form: Pixels Wide x Pixels High. So if you set your desktop to 800 x 600, and in game to 1024 x 768, the images will appear smaller in game since it uses more pixels to draw the screen. I'm not sure what the developer of SidlWidl did when he handled images, but I've noticed that too and found it a bit annoying.

I think I have nested screen elements solved without trying, the way I'm storing and reading the data starts with the root screen element and works it's way inward from there.

The duplicate items wont be allowed, the method of storing elements, at least in a single file, doesn't allow for duplicate entries under the same name (name being the item tag). Extending this to the entire UI wouldn't take much effort at all, think I'll add that functionality to the project manager.

Yeah I got a lot done when I first started working on this a couple months ago. I have tons of free time, so I program until I get bored, then do something else til I get bored of it and return to programming to repeat the process. I usually give my programming projects more time than anything else though, things like this one would look pretty good as a demo of what I can do on a resume.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote