View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I am by no means an expert, but I do program for a living.

First, you do not want to put your pieces in a tilelayoutbox. You want to make a container that will hold each of the pieces, and then put those containers inside a tilelayoutbox. That way tou can position the items where you want them, then use the auto-tiling of the tilelayoutbox to arrange those containers automatically. It may work like you have it, but in order to arrange each target set (gauge, name, etc) you will need to put each tilelayoutbox inside another one.

Second, you have relative positioning set to false. Basically, relative positioning determines whether the position is relative to the container it is in, or the screen. False means that it will position the item based on the whole screen. True means that 0,0 is the container it is in. Only in rare cases will relative positioning be set to false.

Also, and you may already know this, but a lot of tags are case sensative. For example, if you have the tag <RelativePositioning>True</RelativePositioning>, the xml parser will read that as false. The 'true' needs to be all lower case.

I hope this helps.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote