View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 10:57 PM   #43
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default To all users of TimerMod

My subscription to EverQuest has ended, and I have no plans to renew it at this time. While I am still able to download any new/updated patch files, I am no longer able to log into the game.

I will continue to provide patches for TimerMod based on changes in the UI files, but please keep in mind that these patches will not be tested by myself. I will rely on you, the user, to test these patches and let me know if any issues arise.

For the purpose of this discussion, I will group EQ patch changes that affect the timer into two categories:
  • Category A

The only changes are changes to XML files adding/removing elements from various windows. No major changes are made to the EQ client's UI engine. The only timers affected are those in windows modified by the patch; timers in unmodified windows remain unaffected.

Most patches fall under this category and it is fairly straightforward to patch the timer accordingly, even without access to the game. I will continue to provide these patches as they are needed.

• Category B

Changes are made to the EQ client's UI engine which cause it to process nodes differently, render elements differently, or behave differently, etc. All timers, even those in unmodified windows, suddenly stop behaving properly, look different, and/or cause errors.

This type of change has been rare but if such a change happens and it affects the timer, I will be unable to fix the resulting issues without logging into the game. However, I will do my best to address these types of issues during any "log into your old account and play for free for X days" promotional offers that I become eligible for.
In the event that a timer patch fails to work properly, users can contact me by posting in this thread, sending me a private message, or using the contact form on my site. Before sending me the information, please also test some timers in an unmodified window (any window that was not changed by the EQ patch) to see if a category B change has occurred. If the change is truly just a category A change, timers in an unmodified window should still work properly.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote