View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #8
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Planed on including a targeting ring later on figured something based of border like whats around window selector.lightning would go around ring in spiral weaveing around it .That would be con indicator .But that be after some other windows i want to do.Tracking window,map window ( got this idea id have to play with border xml to see if could make work an wait for next expansion because it gona have dif map window methinks),bazaar an bazaar search windows an container windows.

Had idea for an alt combat abilities window to based off spell bar .An would like to include later on 2 alt spell bars one with names to left one with no names.Might try to include spell buff icons that with abit of alpha channel work would fit inside that ornate box border an fix the blue or red to match the border like that was just red or blue tinted depending on buff icon.Creating an illusion that the icon lit up the border sorta like spell cast bar does.

One other window i was thinking on was chat with the chat window being a scroll sorta like old default ui pre pop.With the scroll buttons being worked int design like they was part of the scrolls printing.

Its funny i still play with the compass (twirling my toons around like a top to watch comapss spin).The illusion im proud of, just figured out how to do the aplha channel to make them fades that makes the compass look rounded .

Teneneil the lettering is same size as what was in original T.King celtic inventory .Thought of makeing black underneth the leteirng in those boxs more like a rounded gem .So can see lettering shadow more . But around that time i started watching pirates of the caribbean an liked the dark look better.An at that time i didnt know how much if any the graphics would cause video lag.

The carrick caps (ornate big caps) sharpend up in photoshop to make it pop more .Still not happy with them at that size , if could find font thats inside the carrick caps could do two layers am make the lettering more defined.But wasted sevrial hours searching for it .It all just ended up looking smaller because black around letters blends in with black background.So atm its best i can do.

Animated Steamworks is awsome to watch.The inventory is my favorite window.Like to one day do a variortion of that idea with biomechanical style like HR Giger stuff (tryied it on a gnome necro i use for ui testing an got idea ).

Hope to hear how the test drive goes Thomus an thank you for the kind words .This T.King Celtic style filigree sorta captured my imagination .After doing all the knot work on these windows begin to wonder if i dont have a monk in the ol family tree.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote