View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #28
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

RelativePostion is independent of Autostretch. Normally, if you set the location for an element at a position outside the current window size, it will be hidden (for example 100, 100 when the window is 50,50). However, relativePositioning=false ignores the current container, but still applies Autostretch.

So, for example, if I have a button in the GroupWind and:

<Autostretch>false</Autostretch>
<relativeposition>true<RelativePostion>
<Location>
<CX>0</CX>
<CY>0</CY>
</Location>

the button will appear in the top left corner of the GroupWnd. However, if I have:

<Autostretch>false</Autostretch>
<relativeposition>false<RelativePostion>
<Location>
<CX>0</CX>
<CY>0</CY>
</Location>

that button will be in the top-left corner of the screen (up where the latency meter shows when you hit F12). It doesn't matter where you place the GroupWnd, it will stay in the top-left corner of the screen.

Setting Autostretch to true, and say you anchor the button to the right and bottom, but have RelativePositioning=false, then it will hook to the right side of the screen, not the GroupWnd. If you are playimg in windowed mode, and resize EQ, that button will anchor to the right and bottom.

In other words, that button will 'float' in no-mans land.

I realize that when you are in a GUI, you are dealing with a specific window, and technically everything is relative to it. But, I use SIDLWIDL now, and if I accidently set relativepositioning to false, it shows in the window in the GUI, but when I load EQ it is MIA (in that window piece anyway). Sometimes it takes a while to discover where the element has gone because there is no indication in SIDLWIDL that the element will render outside the window.

Not sure how you want to handle that property.

I did recognize the C# (it technically could be C++ or Java as well). I didn't want to make any assumptions though
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote