View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 11:08 AM   #15
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If you have a copy of the old EQ game, please zip and upload the entire EQ folder minus the EQGame.exe file. This will really be the only way to get this done properly. if the file is too big, then just upload the entire Default UI folder. You may have to upload it to the misc area in the downloads section since I think the forum limits the size of files.

Sounds like a really fun project, dunno if I will try it or not. Its very tempting though.

also upload a full sized screenshot of the old UI if you have it.

There would have to be some major compromises to it, aside from the obviouse stuff like 10 hottbuttons and 9th spell gem. The up and down scroll buttons on the old UI would not work since the scrollable code is hardcoded with the gutter and thumb button, but it may be possible to create a custom template that allowed horizontal scrolling using the up and down buttons. Its impossible to get rid of the tabbed windows, but a compromise can be worked out by fixing the image files for the tab border, and then painting buttons into the background for the window, the buttons would have to be where the tabs should be.

If nothing else, those old image files need to be available, I love those old style chat windows and im a real sucker for portal style UI's even thogh they waste too much space.

By upgrading the resolution to 1024x768 I would think that the pieces could be made to be the original visible size. in other words, keep them at their old set widthxhight. this would effectivley double or more the size of the portal, and the extra vertical space can be used to add the new features such as hot buttons and the like.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote