Neori
A Snow Cougar

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Neori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taleisin
machine I am running SETI from is
Code:
600Mhz AMD K6 ( 100Mhz FSB ) 256Mbs of SDRAM ( 100Mhz FSB ) 1gig harddrive FreeBSD 4.10 Unix

and I'm getting it done in a little over 6 hours.. I wonder what takes your machine longer neori? almost the same system

This machine seems to be working very poorly now. If I could scrape up some money I'd upgrade it and get WinXP on it. When I first reinstalled on it, I tried Debian before I found my Win98 disc, but between not knowing enough about Linux yet (and not having the patience to learn right now unfortunately) and shortly after finding my Win98 CD, I just wiped and started over.

I just noticed according to my SETI Spy progress page, my rate is dropping. I think it was somewhere around 3 - 4 % per hour when I first reinstalled SETI@Home, but now it's down to 1.6 % per hour. Probably just have to reboot the stupid system to refresh the page file. I hate Windows9x anymore.

EDIT: Just rebooted and it's still a low progress rate. I guess I'll just have to let it be until I can spend some time tinkering with settings. At least it's still working and getting things done.
Mandayilie D'Seet - 51 enchanter
Kinyrae F`Lorn - 54 necromancer
-----------------------------------
[re-retired]
-----------------------------------
Former Guildmistress of Angelfire Glory - Tunare server
Neori is offline   Reply With Quote