Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2002, 08:12 AM   #39
dregor
A Ghoul

normally i would agree with alot of what ak has to say.. but ak is missing a couple of points

1) you assume that the programmers at EQ actually know what theyre doing (this has been proved false many times)

2) you seem to assume that the EQ client was made specifically for an XML GUI... sadly this is not the case.. it was half-assed after the fact to make it compatible with XML.

3) you assume that (assuming the programmers know what theyre doing) they are going to make everything moveable/adjustable... now maybe the easiest way to do something is with XML.. but that doesnt mean that its the most secure way to do something. and for a game like EQ security is king.

for a normal program made to work with XML i would agree heartily with you ak... but not in this case. in the case of EQ i must agree with psycho.

and as for my first post... you dont even seem to realize what i was saying... as a programmer you should know that there is more than one way to do a certain task. i havent looked at it, but i was suggesting that there may be a way to fool it into thinking that the object it was looking for was in the right place.... but anyways, im not going to get into that.
dregor is offline   Reply With Quote