Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2002, 10:45 AM   #40
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

Holy wow. Long thread that I'd never read before. I just skimmed this lol.

The reason why some things are hard-coded is because there is programmed behavior involving that element. It's poorly documented what these elements are too.

For example, that Pet HP thing. There's hardcoded behavior with that because it's invisible until a pet is there, then it's visible. That's not defined in the XML. It's just not. Fact. Instead, it's in the game code that as a part of summoning a pet, make the PetHP element of PlayerWindow become visible.

The same is more than likely going to be true of every element that you get errors for when you try to move it. The game needs it where it is in order to function and the way the game tells you it can't function is by saying "Hey, dude, this thing I need ain't here. I'm loading default."

Yes, what is has hard-coded functionality is very poorly documented. But *shrug* oh well. It's not stopping you from doing things. When you see an error, document it and move on.

Of course all that is my current belief. I have no actual idea what's up in the code. I just dink with it and try to figure out how things work.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote