Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 05:06 PM   #42
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

I think it makes perfect sense that VI would make certain windows required by the client, especially since this functionality of xml is being added to a specific piece of software that was not originally designed to use XML.

It also makes sense for the sake of retainig some control over what content/functionality can be added.

It further makes sense when you remember that this is all still considered BETA and not a final release. I imagine they are going to continue to add/remove functionality/flexibility until they decide it is totally perfect and ready for FINAL status.

They didn't do avery good job telling us what can and can't be done because, I think, or rather it's likely, that the programmer at VI aren't really sure about the whole thing as of yet.

Those of us modding are going to be the ones to find out the hard way and accept some simple truths that there will be things we can and cannot change. We also have to accept that we are goign to have to redo most of our mods several times as VI continues to update the UI.

Until VI releases a full document explainig each and every parameter that can be used and where, each and every function that can be coded in and where, and basicly everything you could possibly need or want to know about how the xml is used for the UI and what is required of the xml by the client EXE, nobody will have all the answers, regardless of whether you are a professional that can code xml in his/her sleep or if you are just a gamer like the rest of us who is trying to figure out what we can do with our new set of toys.

Face it: Like anything else EQ, there are limits to what we can and can't do, and VI often likes to provide as little information as possible.
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote