Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2002, 11:55 AM   #37
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears

Quote:
Originally posted by Akephalos
I just found a couple things in the code that I did see. This seems as though it has nothing to do with an eqtype or a screen id. This seems to have something to do with input modes.

Everything that I have tried to move permanently out of a window, then disable the window, and cant because of an xml error has some sort of an input function to it. The PetInfoWindow, the PlayerWindow (pethp is an input because it has the toggle to turn it on and off.) Though, weather its on or off is housed in an ini file somewhere.

OMG Did I not just say this? (edit: Yup, post #22 of this thread) I could have sworn I said this already, you can't move some stuff because when you click on certain things the EQ game gives you a response, and If you remove that the client effectively loses that expected input...

-TJ

PS: Also, the reason you don't see the eqgame.exe straight up giving a protection fault when it doesn't find what it expects to find where it's suppoed to be is because there's probably some type of error recovery, and that's not too hard to program. I'm not for sure for certain that the guys at VI coded any error-recovery, but it would make sense given that there hasn't been an actual GPF that has been reported as happening when there are mistakes in the XML file.

Also, what's the DTD?

of Xev
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote