Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2002, 12:06 PM   #38
arantius
A Crystal Gargoyle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ak and Psycho.. you both need to calm down. You have both made some good points, and correct ones.

Ak though, you are, to put it lightly, wrong. There are some parts of the UI that are "special". The pet guage in the player window is one of them.

Why? Because the pet guage can appear and disappear when you summon a pet or do not have a pet. Does the XML know when you have a pet and when you do not have a pet? No. The XML says "put the guage here". The client then puts that gauge there but only at the appropriate time.

The way it does that is it knows, when there is no pet do not draw the gauge in the player window called PetHP. When I get a pet, draw the gauge in the player window called PetHP.

I can't believe I replied to this.

EDIT: P.S. The first thing you have to learn about coding in a computer is this. Error messages only mean one thing. There was an error. SOMEtimes, the contents of the error message can tell you what that error is. Sometimes it takes a lot of sleuthwork to figure out what that error really is. In this case, it is an XML error simply because the engine parsing the XML code and looking for the PetHP gauge finds it, and it generates the error.
arantius is offline   Reply With Quote