View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 08:27 PM   #18
Pure
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Torvonnilous
Default Messed up textures

Hiya =)

I had the same problems on my graphics with the wolves and other textures showing very strange.

So, I did a search on the SOE site and this is what I did a while back.

Quote:
Here is the solution: EverQuest: Textures appear mismatched or skewed in game.
Open your EverQuest directory (usually C:\Program Files\EverQuest or C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest Trilogy). Click on the EDIT menu and select DETAILS. Sort the files by TYPE by clicking that column header over the file list. Look for files that end with a .txc extension and delete them. This is will clear the texture cache and allow it to rebuild properly.

---------------------------------------------------------
Yet another topic with little better description
Quote:
Here is the solution: EverQuest: Why do characters, creatures and objects appear to have distorted or corrupt textures?
If character creature and world textures appear garbled or corrupt you most likely have corrupted texture caching files. To repair this error you must delete all of the texture caching files from the EverQuest directory. Texture caching files are saved in your EverQuest directory with the file extension .txc.

If you do not know how to locate your EverQuest directory, please take the following steps:
-Double click the "My Computer" icon
-Double click the "C:" drive (or whichever drive you have installed EverQuest to.)
-Double Click the "Program Files" folder, then "Sony" and lastly "EverQuest" (this is the default location for EverQuest, if you specified a different location when you installed, please browse to that location.)
-Once you are viewing the contents of your EverQuest folder, select "View" from the pull down menu.
-Go to "Arrange Icons" then select "By type".
-Go back to "View" again, but this time select "Refresh".

You will now find all the files that end in .txc in one place in your EQ folder, and should delete them all by highlighting the file and pressing the "Delete" button on your keyboard.

When you next run EverQuest your texture caching files will be recreated, but without the errors you previously encountered.

Here is the problem or goal:
EverQuest: Why do characters, creatures and objects appear to have distorted or corrupt textures

You cannot link support info so if need here ya go for search:
Station.com Knowledge Base

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote