View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 04:54 PM   #11
Otosan Ameotoko
A Gray Wolf

Default 2boxing

Well...
I am a twoboxer, have been for a while, and it isnt really that hard you just have to get used to it.

Right now I can run up to 3 instances of EQ on my computer:
3.0ghz AMD athlon
512DDR
GeForce FX 5900 ultra
and **2** 80gig seagate HDs.

EQ is a memory and a HD hog, period.

All you need to do (this is what i did) is create a partition just for EQ on one drive and then put the other in your main partition (most people with 2 harddrives squish them together so they dont lose stuff) Install EQ on your main drive partition then copy all the files (minus the character files i.e. bobtheshaman_bristle.ini) to your "EQ partition"

Some people recommend using EQWindows, which i frown upon, especially since EQ is Alt tab-able now. And some recommend turning the sound completely off in your client.ini file (i recommend this for at least one of your instances). Zoning can be slow, and you NEVER want to have EQ windows side by side, not even 64bit highend systems can run stuff like that, DirectX just goes insane and explodes. Overlay one window over the other with a little bit of both window able to show when you are active in the other and youre fine.

ps. Load one version of EQ, get chars in same zone or whatever, THEN load the other character, have 2 characters loading zones at the same time is almost a garaunteed crash unless you have a lot of ram 1gig+
Otosan Ameotoko is offline   Reply With Quote