View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003, 10:23 AM   #17
futurem0nkey
A Gray Wolf

Just thought I'd post a happy-ending story =)

Once upon a time, although I didn't know it at the time, I had a flakey video card that suddenly started causing the display to flicker (imagine turning the monitor off and on rapidly). For some mysterious reason, it only did this with my 19" NEC and not with my old crappy 15" KDT, even though they were both running the same resolution and refresh rate, so I assumed it must be the monitor. The exchange period from CompUSA had long since expired, so I called NEC directly and they shipped me a new monitor. It worked fine for about 2 days, then the same problem started again.

Unfortunately, I was too stupid to realize that the source of my troubles was the vid card. After all, the 15" monitor worked flawlessly. I called NEC again, and to make a long story short they sent me ANOTHER monitor, which was not only NEW (as opposed to the refurbished ones that most manufacturers send as warranty replacements) but it was also an upgraded model. They also sent me a UPS label so that I didn't have to pay to ship back the first one they sent. Well naturally it had the same problem, but by now the rusty gears in my head had turned a little and I decided to replace my video card. Problem solved.

The bottom line is that NEC handled my problem BETTER than they should have, especially considering that the problem was 100% my fault and not the fault of their product. I felt like a total idiot after I figured out what was going wrong, but the way NEC handled it earned my loyalty. I would not hestitate to buy another NEC monitor in the future(or Mitsubishi, since they are the same company).

And no, I don't work for them or sell them or anything like that. =P
futurem0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote