View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 11:13 AM   #18
Mithral7
A Bat

Default Re: Heads up on Product

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
Request
If anyone works in the Computer Hardware Field and could offer any sort of help with Monitor, be it repairs, deals on a new one, or anything of that sort Please send me PM. I am stuck in a real delima.
- Kudane [/B]

Hello fellow Vah Shir Bard. I'm a noob to EQ. Working on a Bard and Paladin.... anyway... regarding used computer stuff....

Contact the purchasing office, or property redistribution office, at our local college or university. Many times used computer parts are sold to the public at minimal cost. Usually sold as-is, but I have purchase several nice monitors this way. For example, I can get a nice used 17" Sony CRT for about $50. Just depends on availability and could be a wide range of manufacturers. I don't know about prices or availability in your area.

- M7

Advise based on experience:

Extended Warranties are not worth the paper they are printed on. (Read the fine print, and Kudane says... indeed.)

Don't buy computer hardware stuff like this from Best Buy or Circuit City... or other similiar "discount" computer "chain" stores. You will never get the best deal. I buy all my stuff from a local private computer builder/service buisiness (that I trust... based on experience). They know all the cheapest ways, and know which non-industry standard brands are just as good as the main brands sold at Best Buy. They are usually 25% to 50% cheaper that Best Buy.

Example: My G-Force 4 (440?) video card with 128Meg DDR cost me about $80 while the Best Buy versions where selling for $180+.

"Buyer Beware!"