View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 03:00 AM   #24
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hey guys,

Resolution Issue
Ok, reading up on the resolution thing it seems that EQ supports pretty much any resolution, but what's shown in the list in game will vary depending on your graphics card / monitor combination.

If you want to use a resolution that's not listed for you, if you quit EQ you can add the setting manually by editing the eqclient.ini file. To set EQ to use 1280x960 in windowed mode and 1280x1024 full screen find the [VideoMode] section and set it like this:

[VideoMode]
Width=1280
Height=1024
RefreshRate=60
BitsPerPixel=32
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=960
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=60

Crashing when zoning
Izara, that's interesting to read. I've never had a problem like this myself, but my fiancee's experienced intermittent problems like that in the past.

It's not something I've been able to find a cause for yet to be able to submit a /bugreport to soe. Lenlu's had it crash a few times, either while zoning or just randomly a minute or two later, which sounds very similar to your problem. With the latest patch we also tracked it down to the map, but then I put the map back a few days later and she's been running ok with it ever since. With nobody else had reporting problems and her account working again I wasn't too worried about it.

However, if you're also having problems it's likely others are affected too. Reading up on it today, there are a few warnings about using open inventory slots when zoning, so that's what I suspect is causing the problems. I further suspect the crashing only occurs with specific bags or items in your inventory, otherwise I'd be having the same problems.

Could you do me a favour and run "/output inventory" and pm me the text file that generates (a file called Character-Inventory.txt in your EQ folder). I'll see if there's anything in common between your account and Lenlu's to see if I can find the root cause so I can report this to SoE.

However while I'm looking for the cause of this, I could also do with modifying the UI to prevent that crashing for you. I'm thinking the best workaround will probably be for me to remove the bag tab from the map and add it to another window, so you can keep the map open and just open the inventory when needed. The music player window seems to be the easiest piece to modify that's not often used. Leave this with me I'll try to get that modified in the next week or two and added as an option for the UI.

Myx
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote