Thread: D3PDA UI Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 04:33 AM   #25
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Huh, that's odd that it's doing that one to you. Normally what the game does is draw the TopLeft, Top, and TopRight border element then start everything starting from the top-right corner of the LeftTop element. I'm guessing the Layout stuff interferes with that.

I do have a silly hack in place that could be leveraged for that. DoomPda_Empty is a Ui2DAnimation with a single frame that is an empty pixel. Basically RGBA=0 or completely invisible. You can use that as a screen piece by means of StaticAnimation, which can stretch that pixel to whatever size you need. Not a clean solution so if Layout is doing any alpha testing on it's contained element it will notice and just discard it, that how I would code that if I was writing the EQUI code.

The border edge is 10 pixels tall, so CY=10 on that static animation would shove everything down by 10 pixels with that silly hack.

Everything just been slow going. Cleaned out my keyboard, a mechanical keyboard and resoldered some switches that were working loose. Didn't make sure I had oil on hand to oil them all up so been having to rely on mineral oil which only last a couple days before it runs out of the keys and pools up at the lowest point. Currently my truck is down and my girl been working as the only employee at her gas station, so haven't been able to get to the store to pick up some new oil. The Ctrl key in particular seem extra hungry for oil and it's one of my most used keys when coding anything.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote