View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 11:57 PM   #1
Rykahna
A Snow Cougar

Server: Tribunal
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Created my first complete UI from scratch, need help tweaking a few things...

Hello...

Over the past few days, I have been tweaking XML to create my own customized UI. Some of the files I have been using are original EQ files, others are mods I have downloaded here over the months. For the most part, I have been successful in this endeavor, but there are a couple issues I could use some input on from those in the know...

1) resolved, I think

2) ditto

3) I have ended up with two files that have cause my EQ UI to crash and load up default when trying to use them: EQUI_QuantityWnd.xml and EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml. SidlWidl does not give me any clues as to why EQ won't play nice with my player window, but for the quantity window, it tells me "can't create object from a null mode." Unfortunately, I have no idea what that means or how to fix it. I am attaching these two .xml files...if anyone wants to take a peek at them and tell me what I have done wrong with them that would cause them to error out and make EQ revert to the default UI, I would appreciate it.

UPDATE: See post below on why I think the Player window isnt working, perhaps you can help me fix it. Still have no clue as to what I am doing wrong with the Quantity window.

4) figured this one out myself, woot!

5) resolved, thanks to the help below

6) Stupid newbie question I am sure is so ignorant I shouldnt even been asking it. I just started a new character since the patch where the spells come pre-scribed, memmed, and hotbuttoned. And cool! The spell icon is on the hotbutton...but...how can I get spell icons on the spellcasting hotbuttons for my other characters? Cuz it just looks nifty. Can you have a spellgem icon on a hotbutton that does something in addition to casting the spell (for example, sending a message to your group?)

7) To make things cleaner, I set MOST of my windows to WDT_Inner and took off the titlebar and borders. This occasionally created problems with windows I wanted to keep the close and/or minimize buttons on, because the content of the window would shift up and obscure these buttons. It was easy to fix this problem with any windows where the content was positioned on the x,y grid such as with buttons and inventory slots, but I had a bit more trouble when the postioning on the content was done by margin offsets instead. I muddled my way through with trial and error until I could see the close and minimize buttons in the Screen Layout window, but those buttons are not showing up ingame. Any idea why?

I am almost certain I had other questions, but I am gonna go tweak with my code a bit more and see what comes of these questions. Forgive any ignorance displayed herein. I have never been taught xml or html or any other language...what I have done here, I picked up through intuition and trial and error, so my knowledge base is sketchy at best.

Rykahna
Attached Files
File Type: zip rykahnaui.zip (152.1 KB, 40 views)
Rykahna is offline   Reply With Quote