View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 02:29 PM   #13
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Elindel

Hmmm, what it would take to do this is save all the maps to a directory, and specify which one to load based on the last "You have entered" entry in the logfile. Then turn the pet window or whatever into a clear, borderless window with a cross hair drawn in it, and have your third party app set the loc it appears at in your ini file. It creates the correct xml file for the map (probably in the help window) and updates the loc in the INI every 10 seconds or so.

It poses several problems since maps aren't designed with 0, 0 in the upper left hand corner. You'd want to adjust your maps so that your overlay would always be in the same place for the same loc no matter the map.

Just make the maps so 0, 0 is always at 300, 300 would be the easiest and make the maps a 1:10 scale. So -1000 , 1000 would get changes to -100, 100 and have 300, 300 added to draw the overlay at 200, 400.

At first I was thinking that's a violation of the EULA, but I'm not so sure. It doesn't do anything that isn't currently okay. Verant has said reading the logfile is okay haven't they? Stuff like EQCompanion? It doesn't change anything, just seperates and does math. And changing stuff in the UI while in game is fine. And they said loading maps in a UI is fine.

So your hotkey would just be a loadskin hotkey. I can't really see any reason that wouldn't work. It would be slow due to the pause when reloading the UI. Interesting.
Elindel is offline   Reply With Quote