View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
Neori
A Snow Cougar

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Neori
Question Question about video cards

Hopefully very soon here I'm about to move into the modern age with a video card that can actually handle the graphics technology used in current games (i.e. DirectX 9.x). I've been using an old GeForce4 MX440 card, and a little after I got it, I found out that it really isn't all that good... but I just haven't had money to get anything newer/better.

A while back, when EQ first got the target rings added, there were problems with certain video cards working with EQ. Namely, ATI-based cards that either could not display the ring or would display it oddly. Or so I heard from numerous sources. And not so long ago, I read somewhere on here that a more recent version of the GeForce video drivers was causing some texture display problems in EQ.

So right now I'm on the fence about what video card to upgrade to, given a limited budget (and probably under $150ish). I'm looking to get something worth the money, that will last a little while at least, and also doesn't have too many problems these days. Does anyone know of any problems with ATI cards in DirectX9 games, like EQ? Or any problems with any GeForce cards? I'm trying to skip the "budget" SE, LE, non-Ultra types of cards, but would love some advice on what to shoot for.
Mandayilie D'Seet - 51 enchanter
Kinyrae F`Lorn - 54 necromancer
-----------------------------------
[re-retired]
-----------------------------------
Former Guildmistress of Angelfire Glory - Tunare server
Neori is offline   Reply With Quote