View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 08:26 PM   #2
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel
Post Re: Question about video cards

Well, Neori, I'll be perfectly honest with you...I run a GeForce 2 MX/MX400, as I have been for the past two years (haven't had the opportunity to upgrade, yet...but that's mostly because I made the mistake of buying a pre-built system, so I'm just making a new one from scratch, once I get the money), and I know precisely how you feel.

Although my strongest guess is that you aren't Canadian, I would suggest stopping by at NCIX.com and browsing a little bit, there.

I, personally, would recommend looking into ATI's products, but that comes from the fact that most of NVidia's mediocre and lower-end quality products are all fairly close to the same, where as ATI's tends to be a better buy for your money. And also, because I've always liked ATI more, since I've mostly only had problems with NVidia, in the past. If anything, I would recommend the following model: ATI RADEON 9200 128MB DDR AGP8X W/ TV OUT RETAIL BOX. This one, specifically, ships from their site for $142.03 in Canadian funds (plus shipping, of course, which generally isn't much for a two-pound product), and I know that prices in American funds are usually significantly cheaper.

/shrug Just thought I'd let that hinge for you. I hope someone else can give you better insight, if they have any for you.

Ameril Dan`nodel
Warder, 57th season
[ Lanys T`Vyl server ]
Bitch at Amiez!! -- in the words of Spleen.
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote