View Single Post
Old 11-02-2002, 05:56 PM   #22
Omnedon
A Hill Giant

Server: Cazic Thule

Right now the UI I use has been updated, so you can download a new version...well the main one. I use a mixed version.

Let me explain. Perhaps 'download' was not the correct word.

I did a select all\copy in my custom UI folder. I pasted it into a file on my desktop. Then I deleted my custom UI folder and made a new, empty one.

So, I "select all\copy" from the "uifiles\default" file.

Pasted it into my brand new, empty, custom ui file.

Then did a "select all\copy" of my custom files that I had moved to the file on my desktop.

Opened up my new custom UI folder, which now has all the default files in it, and pasted the custom files back in....when it prompted me about overwriting I selected "yes to all".

What that did was put ALL the default files in my custom folder, then placed my ui files over them. Any NEW files made by the patch on the 31st were now in place in my custom folder, allowing the UI to function properly now.

But understand, when you have all the default files in your custom UI, it leaves your UI open for getting screwed with each patch that changes any of those default files. So this was only a temporary fix.

Now, my main UIs, Zeremus and Vert are both updated, so I just use the updated version now and have deleted that other folder.

It worked for many, many people who were in the chat room, freaking on the GMs, who could do nothing but sit in there with their tongues hanging out..

If I were you, and hadn't been able to get my UI working this long after the patch, I woul delete my UI completely, go to Vert, or Zeremus (ZW3), or whoever, and download their version anew, as if it were for the first time.

If you like some of the things, but not all, then do like me....use their UI as a base UI, and add changes to it as you like.