Old 01-13-2005, 07:32 PM   #8
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenlo
Howdy folks,

Outside of Mr. Smedley's statement the only mention we have made of new character models is that we are seeing if it is feasible for us to do. I am not sure where it is has been stated that we would have models before a new expansion, the only thing close that I know of being said is that new models, if and when they are done, would not part of an expansion. New character models for EverQuest is a huge undertaking. Each PC model has roughly a hundred animations that would all have to be redone, all armor sets and clothing would have to be redone, tons of weapons would have to be redone. It's not as simple as making a new model and plugging it into the game.
If we do begin the process of redoing character models it would outside of expansion work, meaning expansions would still be created and released while model work was going on.

Thanks folks and happy hunting.

I believe Smedley replied to someone at the summit when asked why SOE doesn't cancel OoW and do the models first. Something to the fact that OoW was to far along to cancel, but they would be addressing it before the next expansion in some form.. this was after promising to have them by years end.

So forgive me if we read to much into the statement. Because now it seems that you are saying you are not even sure they will *ever* be new player models. When the rest of the community was told there would be.

I appreciate you stopping by. It's good to know that your still got your finger on the pulse.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote