View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorting order is very easy to set. I was already thinking about taking a text file with the order of elements, then only forcing orders that are required, like with referenced elements.

That sounds like fun GreenDragon, but I have a feeling our editors will be very different, which is good because while some might like mine, others will like yours. I imagine a small amount of people will use both editors to make use of the strong points in each. I doubt I'll need much help in optimizing but will definitely keep that offer in mind if I get stumped. I'm pretty good at optimizing, it just takes me a few rewrites to get things down to bare minimum.

The whole speed issue with the math in strings was because I was using reflection to build a mini-program in-memory, so every time math was performed it had to compile the mini-program without the benifit of a real compiler. I'll probably rewrite the math evaluation using Regex or string functions, but that's one the things at the bottom of the list.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote