View Single Post
Old 02-21-2003, 11:37 AM   #11
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Hijiun
I know this is prolly really really simple but I dont see why this would work. What is Test_GaugeFill and A_GaugeLines? I know I sound like a newb to this stuff, prolly cause I started about a week ago, but one of the best ways to learn is asking questions.

Hey Hijiun, Sorry the guy that was originally asking about this knew a little about the animations and stuff so I did not detail the entire process.

Basically the Test_GaugeFill was a Ui2DAnimation item that I had created that used the graphics file that I had created to define the fill pattern for the gauge. When you look at the graphics file I sent with the message you see all the different parts laidout that are used to make a single gauge. So what I did was created a separate file with the colored gauge parts and I then defined the new fill pattern in the window file that I was using with a Ui2DAnimation item similar to what Koradin has posted here. But I only defined just the one section because all the other parts were still the same as the original gauge design so didnt need to be redefined. That way I just created a definition for Test_GaugeFill and used it for the fill pattern in the code for the gauge to be displayed, which is the code that I pasted here.

The other parts of the gauge that all start with A_GaugeXXXXX are the standard part that are used to create a gauge in a window.

As for the first part of the question. The reason this works is because I have used a color fill pattern for the gauge that when displayed with a white color designation comes out to be the colors that I used for the fill pattern that I have defined as Test_GaugeFill. Actually it comes out to be a little bit brighter than I made the fill pattern because I use pure white for the color designation. But I suspect that if you brought the color designation down a little like to R=180 G=180 B=180 that it would come out to be much closer to the color that is in the TGA file that is used for the Test_GaugeFill definition.

If this still does not make sense let me know and I will redo this test and paste up all the parts for the fill pattern to work. The only reason I did not paste them up here before is because I did not save the definitions after I did the test and so would have to recreate them to paste them here.