View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 07:08 PM   #4
Aethia
A Gray Wolf

Default Vert issues :(

okay - attempt #1 -- updated short term buff window Animations window manually via instructions on this board. Could not update PetInfoWindow as the section that was stated was not in my window.

Loaded EQ - failure to Load Nexium

Check EQ Error log - Errors with PetInfo, Short term buff window and Animations window (ClassAnim not found in Inventory window was one of the 'unusual' errors)

Attempt #2 - re-editted Short Term buff window and Animations window. Removed PetInfo window.

Loaded EQ - no errors, but problems loading Nexium were found - not all windows may work correctly message.

Error log indicated the following error:
UIErrorLog created at Fri Jan 10 00:58:20 2003
[Fri Jan 10 00:58:22 2003] [Line:1407 Source:UIFiles\Nexium\EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'FT_BlankPageBorder' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()
[Fri Jan 10 00:58:22 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

**note - removed all warnings about loading default skin **

Attempt #3 - replaced original copy of Nexium (good pre-patch) and loaded the Vert universal patch, overwriting all the files in the zip folder.

Reloaded EQ - Received the same error stated above.

The last patch the same thing happened to me - however I cannot remember what, if anything I did to correct it. I do know, that I have not touched the Actions window.

Also, the MP3 player starts up every single time while loading EQ -- is this a 'new feature' of EQ?

Thanks in advance for any help offered. The technical knowledge and assistance here has been outstanding.

EDITTED 1/10/2003 1030GMT

Thanks to kudane, cairenn, rainlord and everyone else for their suggestions/help.

I moved the Actions file to desktop as suggested. This along with the patched files ended up with---- NO ERRORS!!!!

Thank you all so very much -- too bad I woke up to find out that the servers are coming down.

And thanks for the tip on the MP3 player - I was beginning to think about calling in Ghostbusters! Now if only the Alt-Tab would work (have XP - it worked on Test.....)

Hugs everyone - this is considered a wrap!