View Single Post
Old 11-03-2002, 03:36 AM   #35
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Elwyn
Would it be possible to add a reset button? I don't really like messing with sliders and trying to match them up to the exact location of the bar. I'd rather just click and have the bar reset to zero. When it's full, I'd know the time's up.

Due to the limitations of UI mods, what you are asking is unfortunately not possible. UI mods can only alter the appearance of the UI, not add new functionality. Therefore, the timer is not a program, it is just a collection of animated images.

Once the EverQuest UI loads up, all animations begin cycling through their frames - there is no way to pause an animation or force it to start from a particular frame at a particular time. Reloading the UI will reset an animation, but it also resets all the animations at the same time (no way to reset one individually), and it can take a while on some systems. This was the main complaint many people had with the digital timer, since reloading the UI was the only way to reset it.

The bar-style timer was introduced to address this limitation. Because individual animations cannot be reset, and cannot reset without a lengthy reload of the UI, the timer needed to be designed in such a way that allows the player to keep track of time while the animations continue cycling indefinitely. That's why this timer uses a slider, to allow the user to mark the bar instead.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote