View Single Post
Old 10-17-2002, 07:45 PM   #44
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

[Monk changes]: Makes me a little wary... my primary hunting partner is a monk and I hope this doesn't come down too hard on their ability to at least semi-tank. Pulling is going to be a lot more rough on these fellas... and regen spells might now become an important buff for monks (I think this might have been considered when designers decided on this change).

[Manaburn]: Saw this coming the instant greedy players started forming manaburn teams. The MB teams were a plague on almost every server... and I'm VERY glad to see them put a reasonable restraint on the use of it. Your MB is not used if the mob can't be affected due to the change - they added a check for that.

Now if a group of wizzies tries to MB a large mob (dragon or such), it's gonna be a pretty wild sight! 1st Wiz MB's... they all run around like mad dying left and right waiting for the timed effect to wear off. hehe

[Complete Heal]: Doubt I'll really see any difference.

[Druid Heal]: Good going. This is something I really think druids needed to be considered more seriously in group roles. Every Idgit out there that tells you druids are meant for soloing needs to be smacked on the back of the head with a 2 x 4. Druids are the handymen(women) of EQ. They can heal a little, nuke a little, and buff a little - not being exceptional in any category.

A good druid will handle quite a bit in a group. When there isn't an enchanter around, the druid can handle moderate crowd control with the use of ensnare and root... sticking extra mobs to the ground off to the side to be dealt with later. They tend to the other casters, such as the wizards/enchanters/mages keeping them full on hp so the cleric(s) can devote their mana to the tanks. The heal makes this much more viable, as even casters have a fair amount of HP with buffs up.

[Shaman Heal]: Also good... but shammy's already had quite a load on their mana pool, I'm wondering how much this will add.

Anyway, those are my opinions.
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote