View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 06:24 AM   #15
shamy65
A Ghoul

i am doing pretty much the same,i am usuing different pieces from diff files.and it's pretty easy to do since i have no clue how to create my own ui.
and i hate to have to wait days / weeks to get mine work again.
it's usually take me like 5 min to get mine to work again.on a rare occasion if a file is not working i only have to find a single file that i like to work (usually easy to do )....
what i am doing is :
open EQ folder / uifiles / right click ---> new folder / name it like u want / open default folder / ctrl+a to highlight all the file ----> right click,copy,and paste it into the new folder you just made / now go to eqinterface/ interface pieces , and find any file u look any interest at ../ all the one i try and work i save them into a folder on my desktop for future reference / so when there are patch day and they screw up the ui's i only have to create a new folder in uifile,name it,copy default in it,and i put all the ui files that i have saved into the folder on my desktop...usually work.....if not wait a few and someone will link that single pieces that will work........

PS: i usually get the RED text saying that some files might not work when i log into EQ,but i never had any issues since like 4 years,so........

when i am trying many different ui file,to be change i am trying several at same time to see if they work and no conflict with others like :

i create new folders ( copy the default into them at 1st ) into the uifiles and name it like :
test1
test2
test3
ect...............
shamy65 is offline   Reply With Quote