Thread: Vitaee_UI
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

At some point, I may move the right-click slots to another part of the UI, but wont' know that for sure until I'm more done with the rest of the UI so I can see where I have space for various things. The thing about the size that concerned me most was that for that some of the Social Hotkeys, the Labels don't quite fit correctly (eg. Sense Heading, Consider). But as you said Mortiis, I can still tell what they are. I guess it's a matter of valuing functionality over prettiness. BTW, is it bad that I've said the same thing about an ex-girlfriend??

I've also started work on the SpellCast bar, and one thing I've run into is that I don't want it to look too much like a bank of the HotKey window that has spellgems in it. Later, I'll edit this post with a picture of what I'm talking about. But for now, do y'all have any suggestions on how I can make the SpellCast bar look a bit different from the Hotkey Window??

EDIT:
I've added a screenshot of my hotkey bar and spellcast bar. I've used square gem holders for the spells, and think it makes things look better.

Two concerns at this point. First, since the hotkey bar is on a page of mostly spell gems, it looks almost identical to the spellcast bar. Secondly, I'm not all that fond of the graphic I'm using for a "blank" spell gem.

Any suggestions on how I might differentiate the hotkey and spellcast bar?? And any suggestions on what I could use as the "blank" spell gem graphic??

Thanks to all who offer any input.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vitaee_UI.jpg (12.1 KB, 46 views)
Vitaee is offline   Reply With Quote