View Single Post
Old 11-02-2003, 10:47 AM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=458

In short, what you need to do is make the file a power of two (ie 256x128, 256x256, 512x1024, 64x32, etc). The actual image can be whatever size you want/need it to be, but the file has to be the power of two.

You define the file (aka TextureInfo item):

<TextureInfo item = "sample.tga">
<Size>
<CX>512</CX>
<CY>128</CY>
</Size>
</TextureInfo>

Then you define the image (aka Ui2DAnimation):

<Ui2DAnimation item = "MyPrettyRedCircle">
<Cycle>true</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Texture>sample.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>10</X>
<Y>112</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>12</CX>
<CY>22</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
<Duration>1000</Duration>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>

That tells the game that the image is found in the file sample.tga at the location 10, 112 and that the image is sized 12,22.

Then you define the static graphic (aka StaticAnimation item) for in game

<StaticAnimation item="GW_prettyredcircle">
<ScreenID>GW_prettyredcircle</ScreenID>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>12</CX>
<CY>22</CY>
</Size>
<Animation>MyPrettyRedCircle</Animation>
</StaticAnimation>

Remember to include it with the Pieces at the bottom of your Window:

<Pieces>GW_prettyredcircle</Pieces>

If your PrettyRedCircle isn't a background or some such, ie if instead it is for a gauge or something, then you wouldn't need to do the StaticAnimation or the Pieces sections, as it would be part of the Gauge definitions.

re:
Quote:
1) SidlWidl--I have tried to use this, and except for being on the crashy side, it seems to work well for editing anything that can be loaded using the "View--> QuickLoad" ability. Anything I pull up using QuickLoad, I have the ability to view and edit and save. However...I assume I should be able to open up any EQ xml file and view and edit and save it, right? Well, I can't. I can get a list of all the applicable files in the Browser window in SidlWidl, but whenever I click on a file or a part of a file, nothing happens, as though they are grayed out. I have the latest .Net installed if that makes any difference. If I choose "View--> Screen Layout" a start page saying "internet explorer cannot open the page" pops up, and when I hit "ok" to that window, I get a list of available files, which I can view the graphic for, but cannot make any changes to. So, essentially, the only files I can edit in SidlWidl are the ones that can be opened through QuickLoad.

You need to open the QuickLoad.xml file in the SidlWidl folder and add any elements that you want to be able to edit.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote