Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2002, 04:24 AM   #1
Akephalos
A Ghoul

Default Question

Ok, so I have been working on some rather interesting mods for the UI. Currently, I am attempting to reduce the number of windows that we have floating around on screen, and consolidate them into 3 or 4 smaller, well organized windows.

Here is an example of what I do/did with the EQUI_CastingWindow.xml. I opened that file, and took a whole section of the code out, and placed it in the hotkey box (after widening the hotkey box, and making some other mods to it.) When this is done, I disable the EQUI_CastingWindow.xml file from ever being loaded in the UI by placing <!-- --> around that particular file name in the EQUI.xml file.

So far this has worked great for the Target Window, the casting window, the air supply window, and some other one that I cant recall right now. However, this does not seem to be working for, among many others, the player window.

When I make my code adjustments to these files, I get an error in the xml. It is something along the lines of "Unable to load child pet_hp in EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml". I get that error if I dont disable it from loading in the EQUI.xml. If I disable it, I crash directly to desktop without even an entry in the UI errors.

My question is, what, if anything, can I do to correct this issue. I havent been able to figure it out, but Im guessing that somewhere, these windows are deemed as being "Required" for proper loading of the UI. I need to remove them from that list of required files, if I can.

I have found a way to hax0r around this, so that I can put the items where I want them, but its not 100 percent correct, and it does not disable those other windows from loading, which is my ultimate goal.

Any information would be great!
Akephalos is offline   Reply With Quote