View Single Post
Old 06-21-2003, 01:05 PM   #9
Dikmer
A Fire Beetle

First and foremost:
#1. The cleric's hit points HAVE to be in the same window as the groups hit points. To do otherwise can mean a dead cleric.
#2. A cleric should have 2 or more windows. The main window should show all the important chat, and the other 2 windows should filter out the spam you cant get rid of.
#3. The clerics interface should be as uncluttered and non-distracting as possible. Moving animations and large, sweeping images are nice, but can be distracting.

I use 2 MODs I D/Led from this site. The most important one takes my group window and adds my personal info (HP, Mana, STA, Pet, EXP, AA EXP). The other MOD takes my personal window and turns it into my target window. This accomplishes 2 things. It reduces the clutter on my screen, since I can get rid of the default target window. And it makes my target window border in red when my attack is on.

Notice that any window I am not actively using, that is in my actual view area, fades to 0:

My chat windows sort melee hits (both what I hit and when I get hit) to the little window on the far right. The center window sorts out channel chatter, guild chatter, ooc/auc/shout junk, and basically anything that is not group or raid chat.

For my hotkey box, I D/Led one from this site, then modified it to better suit my needs. I even added my large soiled bag so I could quickly and easily check on my peridot/coffin/whatever status, and also easily locate my Necronic Divining Device:

Dikmer is offline   Reply With Quote