Thread: One More Time
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 12:17 PM   #9
Darlok
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Well I have to admit, that one of those files uploaded this way was probably mine. I am pretty new to the scene...probably 3 or so weeks to be exact. I typically am self-taught with everything when it comes to computers, starting when I was a teenager writing my own BBS in BASIC - being content with 300baud x-fers. That said, I know other people are this way, and when "reverse" engineering the default folder, you learn that these files are needed to run your UI.

My Problem: I have attempted loading only those "modified" files (xml's, tga's for my own UI) from it's own directory only to find that it completely resets my UI_Charname_## file Luckily I have always kept a backup when modifying my own XML's because it's a real pain to line everything back up again.

My Question: Is there a SPECIFIC file that MUST be present in any new directory...such as EQUI, SIDL or the such? I realize that Sony changed things back in Sept to read from the default folder if something isnt found....are there any files that this is not the case with?

Sorry for the newbish questions, but I'd like to get this right so I can "give back" some to the community. I've already learned the XML in the last couple weeks (simple programming really), but I really havnt learned the basics of the UI engine. I'll keep wading through "search" for my answers, but in the meantime any replies would be most welcome. Thanks in advance for your time.

Darlok
Darlok is offline   Reply With Quote