View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 04:51 PM   #12
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh272
Has anyone tried to convert? I just keep getting the default ui no matter what I do.

Have I tried? Yes... have I failed? yes... do I hope the future update Meeko promises is coming will help? Yes.

I've been able to figure my way around manually changing some graphics, that were just custom reskins of the default UI with... odd results.

Example: in my image editing software, both my original custom wnd_bg_light_rock.tga file and my new wnd_bg_light_rock.png file for image backgrounds looks the same:

When applied to the game, they are not the same:

I'm not a graphics expert like Drakah, so I'm still not 100% sure if it's a me issue or a Gameface Engine issue... I'm thinking engine issue though.

When it comes to the code side of things, if I open the SUITE engine xml file, and the Gameface engine html file for one of the windows, I can follow along fairly easily, but anything I've tried to manually modify has been unsuccessful so far (I'm sure it's a me issue).

Also, any custom Storyline mods that have embedded links crash straight to desktop when you click a link - not sure that's going to continue to be supported going forward.
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote