Thread: D3PDA UI Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 12:39 AM   #10
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Nice, I like that you figured out how to mod in just parts of windows with my wild file layout. Still not sure how I'm going to do the buff bars. While I do like the idea of a vertical bar reversed layout of the cast window, was one of the ideas I was kicking around in my head. In the past I used one that was horizontal across the top of the screen, there's even remnants of it in the texture file. Thinking I'll just rework that to be more dynamic since the game has what's needed to do that now, in the past we didn't have LayoutBox elements or anything beyond AutoStretch to size things dynamically.

For combat abilities my plan was to produce something like the cast spell window but mirrored so that it could visually interlock with it but at the same time I suspect that may just be confusing and difficult to do rapid clicking. In either case I really dislike the default one that it's using now, it's huge for no good reason, same with the bandolier and merc windows.

Currently however playing with the Layout elements to figure out how containers automatically size to their contents to reproduce that all over the place. Like with the cast spell window and then with buff bars, since those are things that need to adjust as players get more abilities. I really dislike telling non-coders to go into a code file to change a line, no matter how clear the instructions are. I have a strict self-rule against using resize handles on things that don't have a full border to grab, click-ability just flies right out the window without that border.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote