View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #8
shadriel
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default sidlwidl vs sidle fiddle...

ok i have not yet tried sidlwidl, but i did get sidl fiddle and i'm having an error when i try to open a screen. i read the entire tutorial on it, from the authors website, i read the faq, i read the 13 page long discussion on it in the forums here... there was one other person who had the same problem, but if a solution to it was posted in that thread, i couldn't find it... i posted a question about it at the end of that thread, its located in EQInterface Forums > Tutorials & Info. > SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle Tutorials & Info. > SIDL Fiddle WYSIWYG Editor

i will repost my question here tho...

when i load up a UI folder in sidl fiddle and then attempt to open a screen, my window freezes in place and i can do nothing with it other than minimize or close. if i minimize and reopen the screen is then totally gray with nothing on it, no tabs for editing or anything. the dos window has several comments that go something like...

at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unkno wn Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWor kRequest.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierar chy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

this is the same error that a guy named Perkoset BB describes at the bottom of page 6 in the thread i mentioned above. i cannot figure out what the problem is with this, and i can't get anywhere with the program until i do. if you have any ideas i'd appreciate it. i have tried every suggestion i saw in that thread, regarding any of the other errors that were reported, tho that was more of a precautionary measure to make sure i didn't get any other errors, and it has, of course, not solved my problem. the only response i saw to this error came from Ambros on the next page...

"The gauge error is bombing because the GaugeDrawTemplate fill value is missing. If that is the case, it "shouldn't" work in EQ, but they may be letting some stuff by. Let me know."

i don't know what this means =/ and perk's response was that he'd double checked that and it was fine, so i'm thinking that probably is not the problem, but /shrug

the only thing i have not yet tried is uninstalling java and going to an earlier 1.3 version. tho according to sidl fiddle's creator, Ambros, my version of java should work fine, i am using java 1.4.2...

i have not yet tried sidl widl, as i saw many comments that it was not that great of a program and sidl fiddle was better, however, that will be my next step while i wait for any info on the sidl fiddle problem.

any input on this would be greatly appreciated =)

oh, and one last question, could someone tell me... x y coordinates... which one is right/left and which is up/down? kind of a simple question i guess, but i can't quite figure it out, i've been reading all these xml files and i can't quite find a system to it for me to figure out which one is which. thanx =)
shadriel is offline   Reply With Quote