User Name
Password

Old 01-28-2003, 12:30 PM   #1
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default TKing Animated Spirit Spellbook - BrainDump

<Brain Orgasm> Seeing this spellbook's animation is the answer to the *Shaman* dream I have been having since creating my SonaSpell book (whacky layout with mana icons) which is basically floating icons with spell gems, so here is the thing that will haunt me til I can make it work or Kuvasie (hint hint) can make the bookmark (#5.tga) a complete transparency...

Plan:
1) Take the Bookmark Item and get it modded up to no longer have the book background, just the dreamcatcher and feathers.
2) Use the TK_Bookmark UID2 as the base for SBW_SpellIcon##. Now the spell book has 16 animated spell icons.
3) Dynamically place the Spell Icons into location as hanging dreamcatchers.
4) Determine a way to import spell gems in a) a circle fitting in the eye or simply b) set them just below the eye so that it is always visible.
5) Create a separate UID2/Static anim that is used as background to the spell text info.
6) Eliminate any semblance of bookishness. (The Shaman has many dreamcatchers that he/she focuses energies from.)

Obstacles:
* Is there any way to prioritize layering of Static animation items/text and gems? Need to have the catcher in layer back, spell text blunt in layer 2, spell gem in layer 3 front and text in layer 4 front to make it all work.....

No mock up yet, just trying to work it out in my head before going home tonight to completely forget about buying my new spells and start work on this.

Please dont flame for dreamcatcher/shaman etc...look at it and you know it really is a dreamcatcher.

Last edited by sc2kmayor : 01-28-2003 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:04 PM   #2
Chronwaas
Skinner Extraordinaire

Server: Saryrn

I am not 100% sure about the animation parts but if it is like everything else the order in which you call each part is the order it gets placed. I know that is the way the pieces work. As I said though I am not 100% sure that the animations work the same way. but you can try it and find out.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:53 PM   #3
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist
Default Re: TKing Animated Spirit Spellbook - BrainDump

Quote:
Originally posted by sc2kmayor
........or Kuvasie (hint hint) ......

ROFL - I haven't had a chance lately to play EQ - I haven't even loaded this one on my shaman yet.

Good luck. Had to read your descritpion a time or two to 'see' what you are talking about. Sounds very interesting.

Kuv
Old 01-29-2003, 09:41 PM   #4
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist

sc2kmayor - have you had any luck with this yet?

Kuv
Old 01-30-2003, 09:18 AM   #5
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>

My feeble attempts at making the dreamcatcher have no background were sorely failed, but I have begun trying to code something similar. When the right dreamcatcher comes along, then it will be as easy as redefining the ui2d section and bingo! New look to old setup.

(why?...you been playing with the graphic already )