Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-29-2002, 10:16 AM   #1
Merieltha
A Gray Wolf

Server: Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Question Window borders: stretching vs. repeating

Hi all,

I'm working on a leaves / wood themed skin (I play a ranger). I've got the background and titles working, but I'm having trouble with the window borders.

I want to use a small repeating pattern as a border around the windows. Unfortunately, the pattern gets stretched instead of repeated, so my nice 5x15 pixel scrollwork turns into a horrid mess. To make it worse, only the middle parts get stretched, not the corners.

Is there a property that I can set to change the borders from "stretched" to "repeated"? Or do I have to define an extremely long border line to get what I want?
Merieltha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 12:27 PM   #2
B_Delacroix
A Snow Griffin

I have been trying to do a nice gold chain border. To my dismay, I, too, found that the border is stretched. The only solution is to do as you say, make a very long border image.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:02 PM   #3
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

Already been wished for mates - way back in November.

http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3861
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 05:55 PM   #4
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I want a celtic knotwork border around my UI and ran into the same problem you did. What I am having to do is use a very long thin graphic for the middle pieces of the border.

You will have to make a custom border template and frame template for each window.

Since the "corners" do not get streached, you can use the same TopRight, TopLeft, LeftTop, LeftBottom, BottomLeft, BottomRight, RightTop and RightBottom, graphics in the frame templates for each window.

For the Top, Left, Right, and Bottom pieces, you will have to determin the exact hight and width of your window, and make a border template for each window that defines the lenth of the graphic you need to fill in the space between the graphics for the corners.

I believe you can make one border template that includes all the graphics for the corners and place it in the first modified window your UI loads. Then for each modified window, you can make a border template for the top, left, bottom and right pieces for that window. Then make a frame template template for each window to pull it all together.

I hope my explanation is understandable, hehe. Its really not that dificult if you already understand how to make border and frame templates.
Shadowed Soul
Caleal is offline   Reply With Quote