Password

Old 12-08-2003, 07:03 PM   #1
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis
Default Any Ideas on a pick-me-up?

I got my DE SK to lvl 50 and haven't played the game for about a month because frankly im getting bored of the tedius tasks one must do. I was all gung ho on hitting 50 but then my excitement quickly dwindled. It's the same thing:

Kill for hours and hours and hours.
Gain experience.
Wait for a raid.
Wait for an adventure.
Work on tradeskills.
Try to find Plat.
Log off.

*Next day*
Logon
-Infinite loop previous day activity-
Logoff
etc...

Anyone have any ideas how to put the excitement into the game again?
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:41 PM   #2
Teddyboy420
A Snow Cougar

Server: Firiona Vie

Switch games. Go and pick up a new MMO or other type of game, play it for a bit, and the abscence of EQ will make when you come back to it, more exciting. I have played EQ for awhile now, about 6 months ago I picked up DAoC and really got into it. Lately I have started missing EQ again and picked up where I left off. Only now, I enjoy playing EQ again.
4:20
Teddyboy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:42 PM   #3
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

well, you have landed in the level 50 hell...

the low 50s (50-55) are very tedious, a lot of people have played the character for months, and when the XP bar screachs to a halt in 50s, they end up where you are.. dis-enchanted, frustrated, and frankly.. bored.

keep this in mind.. EQ is basically a "wash/rinse/repeat" game. We find the fun in it by what we want to see next. IE "what spell" "what weapon" "what xxxxx" "what yyyyyy". Part of what keeps us coming back are the friends we make, BUT they have mixed in some options to help with the "grind" part.

Have you tried tradeskills? these help break up the grinds..

LDON Adventures are a short burst, and great XP. there is almost always either a named with an item or several of the mobs will have augmentation items (or both) soo there some excitement in finding the "phat lewt"

Lastly,
Make an Alt.. Some people believe "alts are the devil" but the bottom line is, you get spent on playing the samething day in day out. Pick a race/class combo you find interesting.. Things that the "masses" wouldnt pick.. IE.. gnome paladin, or human rogue, troll beastlord, froglok wizard.. just something you think would be fun to try, and take a day or two off of the SK..

Don't get to down on yourself, its tough in the 50s and its slow.. and you will hear people say "the game changes at 60" but the truth is the game changes about ever 10 levels... but the basic principle of the game is the same through out.. Kill Stuff and get Phat Lewt..

hope that helps..

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:17 PM   #4
Bikther
99% EVIL, 1% Cute Bunnies

Server: Innoruuk

For me why I find EQ getting tedious I like to go to the Priest of discord Lift in Gfay and shoult free buffs and heals.

Then do just that, help out some youngins in the game. Seeing the gratitude they can have for something a small as a buff really makes the game a lot better

Since I hit 50 I do this a lot more and each time I end up logging off with a smile.

No plat , no EXP, no loot, just a sense that of satisfaction that a few people are happy you were on today
Bikther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 09:28 AM   #5
laertise
A Snow Griffin

Be careful playing alts you'll do what I did get your main up to lvl 64 and quite playing it. I had pushed and pushed to get my main that high. I loved my pally but I got bored started a new beast and all of a sudden I can't quite playing it.

Laertise
laertise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:08 PM   #6
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Thx guys. I appreciate the feedback.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:37 PM   #7
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by laertise
Be careful playing alts you'll do what I did get your main up to lvl 64 and quite playing it. I had pushed and pushed to get my main that high. I loved my pally but I got bored started a new beast and all of a sudden I can't quite playing it.

Laertise

ya know having the EXACT same problem... Kudane is 63, and my new BST is 55... hehehe

maybe its the BST class... or... being an ogre... hmmmmm not sure..
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:48 PM   #8
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Lol, I have never been able to settle in on one toon. My monk is my main, and I got bored/frustraited with him at 57. Then I ended up leving up a cleric to 57 and a rogue to 45 before going back to the monk.

That doesn't even include reactivating a friends old Wizard and leveling him to 55 from 52, and playing my brothers retired warrior through 53 to 54.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 10:59 PM   #9
Raynsmajic
An Icepaw Kobold

hehe, another thing you can, is find yourself a really awesome guild.... i don't mean a raiding guild, i mean a laid-back family guild that just wants to have FUN... i tell ya..... half the reason i am jonesin for EQ right now (got me puter taken away ) is because i miss talkin to all my guildies.... there are times where i log in and maybe make 1%xp in a 3 hour session... most me time is just spent messin around... hehe, it sure is fun....
and you guys getting addicted to yoru BSTs, it's cuz you a BST, beastlords RULE, heehee.... me highest lvl char at 51... second is me monk at 42... dun think ill ever go back.... mwahahaha
Tunare Server
/gsay Time for some smackey smackey on %T!
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way" Juan Ramon Jimenez
Raynsmajic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 12:26 AM   #10
Togras
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Ayonae Ro

Jess is 64. I got burnt out on her when I hit 51. The idea is to find a goal for yourself. My goal for Jess is to get 65, and some AA so I can be more useful and so I can more frequently group with my end-game friends when they aren't raiding.

/shrug
Old 12-10-2003, 12:36 AM   #11
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Well, one of my main goals was on my SK to get his smithing up so I could make Dark Prince Regent Armor for him. Plat is a real issue for this. I get bored killing the Hill giants after about 30 mins. I might just be in a slump. Awhile back I quit eq for about 6 months and came back. I'll try a diff toon and see. I've got a couple that i made and didn't play much and a couple that are 14. I'll try those and see if I can't renew my passion for the game.